- Assurance of Learning Standards evaluates how well the school accomplishes the educational aims at the core of its activities.
- Measures of learning can assure external constituents such as potential students, trustees, public officials, supporters, and accreditors, that the organisation meets its goals.
- Assurance of learning assists the school and faculty members to improve programs and courses
- Clarity – students are able to see the links and development of graduate attributes through clearly stated learning objectives, and through the interactive use of assessment rubrics
- Control – due to progressive nature with explicit objectives students can take control of their learning through regular tutor feedback and self assessment
- Progression – students will be introduced, and further developed in the graduate attributes before assessed for assurance